Love love love the breeziness of all things nautical. It it is calming, crisp and clean.
We take colour inspiration from Michael Kors Spring 2013 collection. (By the way Michael Kors is one of my favourite designers) The use of solid primary colours of red, yellow and blue added with some green makes for a simple and elegant look. Indeed a polished nautical inspired collection!
So we took a simple abaya with splashes of yellow and injected some nautical accessories to it to get that breezy feel.
Let’s sail away!
Abaya can be purchased from Nspired Style email me for viewing times
Shoes from Luella
Bag from Nine West
Sunglasses by Prada
Makeup done by makeup artist Naseemah Saber email her firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make waves
- Embrace those nautical primary colours. Think red, yellow and blue.
- It’s all about understated elegance, clever use of colour blocking and nautical stripes can achieve that look.
- Accessorising is key. If you wearing a plain abaya, you could add a stripped scarf or a cute pump or some fresh arm candy. Just a handbag with nautical accents might be all that you need. (Did you visit the new Tommy Hilfiger stores new to our lands? I went to the one in East Gate, went crazy. Go check out their handbags, they will work so well for this look)
- White is always complimentary so if you not into abaya, get nautical with your all white outfit.
- Maxi dresses teamed with denim jackets can also give you that summer seaside holiday feel.
- Please don’t overdo it! Be careful of way too much stripes or way too much accessorising.
Are you ready to make chic elegant waves?