Military detailing comes back around every few seasons. And I love this re-occurring fad. Npirations from street-style or runway-ready looks are sharp with subtle military touches.
The Abaya certainly is a winning strategy with army inspiration. It commands the attention!
Abayas can be purchased from Nspired Style, email for viewing appointments (note the silver detailed Abaya was sold before this post was published)
Make-up by Nasu Saber (nasu_10saber.yahoo.com)
Rings and accessories: Models own.
Bring the look to attention (I must say this look will work well this winter):
- The palette. Think military shades, army green, black, navy or mustard.
- Khaki is colour I am certainly embracing. It lends itself to the smart military trend. I love how it blends with black abayas too. It gives it warmth that’s not too contrasting. The combination will work well for winter.
- I am still on the fence with camouflage prints…. It’s just not doing it for me. I would still stick to solid colours.
- Whether you in an Abaya are not, invest in coats, jackets or capes with brass buttons and sharp structures.
- From epaulettes to insignias detailing is beautiful. Visit vintage stores and look for medals or badges, they make fun accessories. Remember no excess! Don’t overdo the look!
- Utility bags make a great handbag and fits right into a military trend. Look for the bags with pocket details, leather straps and metal details.
- Boots in earthy autumn shades, be it lace ups or buckles and straps, will also add that touch of military vibe.
- If it’s all too harsh for you, wear your military inspired blazer or jacket over a ruffled shirt or with a soft pleated maxi skirt. It will just soften the sharp lines.
You could also get into some fashion styling DIY. Take out an old abaya and re-invent it. Add some brass buttons. Stitch on some shoulder tabs. Get some corded work going. The options are up to you. Get creative!
Think this can work for you? Do share your inspirations with me!