Written by Guest Blogger Shakerah.
Luckily this ice-cream has no season…..Ever Indulgent Fried Baklava Ice Cream will always tempt the cheat in you, invoking the romance and leaving the guest lingering for more……
You Simply Need:
- 1 box (500g) Phyllo Pastry (a good make)
- 2 lt Country Fresh Vanilla Ice_cream
- 2 – 3 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup cut nuts (use a mix of pistachios, pecans, almonds, cashews)
- 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- Golden Syrup for drizzling
- Or homemade Rose Syrup ( Boil ¼ cup Sugar, 3 tbsp water and 1 tsp Rose water)
And all you need to do is:
- Soften the ice cream slightly. Mix in 2 tsp cinnamon. Scoop into balls and freeze.
- Mix nuts with remaining cinnamon, and castor sugar.
- Remove balls from freezer and roll in nuts. Freeze overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Placing three sheets of Phyllo Pastry (@ room temperature) on top of each other, divide the area into four squares. Cut.
- Place a ball of of ice cream in square, fold over to form a parcel. Place in muffin pan and freeze – to hold shape.
- Deep Fry in very hot oil for 1-2 minutes….
Spoon syrup over and Indulge!
More about our Guest Blogger
I wish to introduce you to my dear friend, Shakerah. I have spent time in her kitchen only to come out mesmerised and in awe. My taste buds always have an epic feast when I visit her! Equipped with a degree in B Comm Marketing, having worked in the corporate field, and having a business of her own, Shakerah now lives her passion. She runs Décor and Delight, a culinary school with a difference. She offers insight, useful skills, and confidence for the cooking enthusiast to journey on an adventure of taste – making everyday cooking different.